Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fala sério, a vida realmente é boa

Ok, in case you didn't understand the title line, basically I'm feeling pretty good right now. I'm sure this feeling will be even more amplified this time next week after all of finals are over. Today I finally (I cannot put enough stress on the word "finally" there) got done with my advertising (Comms 230) class' campaign. We presented today, and I feel as though a stone's been taken out of my fairly full backpack. It was a good experience and all, I learned a lot, bladdy blah, but MAN does it feel good to be done. I don't think I'll ever be able to bring myself to buy a bottle of Listerine. How's that for irony? Seriously though, it was a positive experience overall. Also, I found out today that I just got 12 credits of "A" and 4 of "A minus," all for taking a simple, albeit poorly written, Portuguese test! Neat huh? My GPA really needed that.

There's plenty of other things to do yet today, some of which are calling for my immediate attention, but lemme give a feel good list real quick, aka "What's up":

-I went pheasant hunting last weekend with my brother James, two uncles, two, cousins, and a cousin's friend. It was, in a word, Awesome. Not the kind of "awesome" that you hear everyone using regularly, the kind of "awesome" that is referred to in Kung Fu Panda. 'Nuff said.

-I find myself spending a lot of time with a certain young lady. And that's a good thing.

-As of today, I've decided to do a Study Abroad in Brazil next summer. "But," you may ask, "didn't you serve a mission in Brazil? Wouldn't you prefer to get to see some other place?" Well, dear reader, you're right! I did serve in Brazil! But guess what? 1) I didn't get to see a whole lot of it outside my specificly assigned areas for proselytizing/working, 2) I plan on minoring in Portuguese, and this will put me a lot closer to that, and 3) Frankly, why not? Wouldn't you like to go if you could? Aren't you secretly jealous? Are you openly jealous? It's going to be awesome, I can afford it, and this could be my only chance to return to Brazil in this life. Pretty excited. End of story.

-I have to work for most of Christmas break, but I'm still not going to be in school, so I'm sure it shouldn't be too bad. I'm secretly excited about snow removal. It'll be kind of like a party, only you're not invited. Sorry, but you could probably come watch. Or bring me some hot chocolate.

-Who'da thunk an ipod touch could be so much fun? Shout out to Paul.

-I was totally on to the virus that got around BYU, infecting USB thumb drives. I knew it was a virus when I saw that thing. Sometimes it feels good to be right. Oh, I got rid of it too. That was nice.

Ahh, that felt good.

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Looks like you've got another loyal follower. If this goes well you could maybe start your own religion.

Hilarie Ann said...

I had that virus! But someone else realized what it was...

I don't understand Jonathan's comment about your own religion...

Your blog posts vaguely remind me of Aaron Christensen...