Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oh wait, I don't remember if I asked you. . .

Ok y'all, time for a little gripey-gripe. I'm not in the best mood right now, so I'll apologize in advance. I don't really care if this offends, because I'm pretty sure I have a readership of like. . . 4 people. (To you four: you guys are champs! Don't give up!)

-Why do people constantly think I'm cold? Do I look cold? Is it my "rosy" cheeks? Is it my old jackets? Look folks, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've actually been cold to the point of misery, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why you people make such a big deal about my personal comfort on this issue when you seem to not care at all about other stuff that really matters. Case in point: I have yet to do snow removal at the temple without being asked by a (female) coworker if I'm cold. NO. Today at work we were raking pine needles (the snow melted off of them), and a temple patron stopped, stared, and commented, "You don't have any gloves!" ("That's astounding! On your first try!") He then proceeded to ask if I wanted his. Leather. Dress gloves. ANOTHER RESOUNDING NO. The answer is always, and will always be, no. I'm a human furnace, and if my heart rate is anything over resting, I'll probably be sweating to boot. (PS. IF ANY OF MY ROOMMATES ARE READING THIS, YOU HAVE A SERIOUS INTERNAL TEMPERATURE PROBLEM, ONE THAT SHOULD BE ADDRESSED BY A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL. NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND LEAVES THE THERMOSTAT AT 75ºF IN THE WINTER, SPRING, SUMMER, AUTUMN, OR ANY TIME IN BETWEEN.)

-College. Man, do I hate college. Nothing like a little hoop jumping to get you down, eh? It's not all bad, of course, but it just seems so impossible to not have to go through *ahem* hell if you want to get a certificate saying you're qualified to do stuff. One of my all time favorite quotes has got to be, "don't let school get in the way of your education." Why does institutionalized learning have to *ahem* suck so bad? It's so dang expensive, it's so dang hard, it's so dang impersonal, and it's so dang. . . NOT what I want to be doing right now. "Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of Heaven," but being a student seems to bring out the worst in me.

-I'm sorry if this one offends you, but it's really just personal preference: I do not like embedded players in blogs. Believe me, if I'm on the internet, I'm on my computer; if I'm on my computer, I'm listening to music, and the (bleeping) music players are always set to play automatically, so they always try to override my sweet tunes, and that proves irksome.

-My cell phone. To think that people get paid to design these things. . . Does a human being test them before they get sold? Do they conceive of real people using them?

-I would never stoop so low as to stereotype all members of the non-married and eligible female population, but I'm'a say this: THE WAY GIRLS REACT AND REASON AND VIEW LIFE AND EXPECT OTHERS TO ACT are all so ILLOGICAL . . . and I know a lot of really bad drivers who just so happen to be girls as well. Something tells me this is not a coincidence. Say what you will about this one.

-You know how people say they wish they could quit their day jobs? Sometimes I wish I could work full time. . .

-There's too much of what I'd rather be doing. Am I just building up a legacy of regrets? Does everyone feel as strongly as I do about these things? Am I a habitual whiner and pessimist?

And there you have it. I still have two days to decide if I'm going to drop all my classes. Any thoughts?

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Let it out Jon, just let it all out. And...don't drop your classes.

Julie Radmall said...

Sweet little Jon Jon... where are you? Mom said this post worried her! Let's do an upbeat one next time, eh? And p.s. I thought you would love the songs on our blog-- totally your style. And p.p.s. Nelson got a big kick out of reading this, and he said that the songs on our blog bug him a little, too, because the player is getting too many songs on it.

Laurie S said...

So I was reminded of Jacob Black, the werewolf character in the Twilight books. He's always super hot, temperature-wise. Maybe you could be like him, and go around in just shorts. That ought to go over well while you're raking pine needles at the temple. Probably no more glove offers, anyway.

Just wait until you're married, and the thermostat wars begin. When you're ready for strategy, let me know.

Laurie S said...

Also, I think you should do whiney blogs more often. It brings out the good writer in you. Seriously.